Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A filling and delicious main dish salad. I have used turkey bacon and low-fat dressing to lighten it up. Chill time is 1-2 hours.
Top Review by Ms B.
I subbed red onion for the chives or green onion and upped the amount of dressing. Still, the salad was a little dry. I think it was just the nature of the tortellini. However, I don't really know how to correct the matter. More dressing would just sit on the outside of the pasta...it was the cheese filling that was too dry. My guests just didn't eat this. I love tortellini, but have decided not in cold salads. This salad would be excellent with spiral pasta (or any shape) and some raisins....however, that would be another recipe entirely...
- 2 (19 ounce) bagsfrozen cheese tortellini
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or whole grape tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 cup coleslaw dressing
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the tortellini according to package directions; rinse with cold water; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the tortellini, broccoli, tomatoes, chives, and dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Right before ready to serve, add bacon and sunflower seeds; gently stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve cold.