Broccoli & Tortellini
This is a great vegetarian pasta dish from Canadian Living's Make It Tonight. All you need is a crunchy green salad and you've got dinner.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook tortellini in a large pot of boiling water until tender but firm (about 5 min).
- Add broccoli and cook until tender (about 3 min).
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened slightly (about 10 min).
- Add green onions and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add sauce to pasta/broccoli mixture and toss together.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
good recipe. i made this a little differently. I used a sliced red onion which I fried with the garlic in a little olive oil before adding the tomatoes. I added a teaspoon of sugar to offset the acidity of the tomatoes, a teaspoon of mixed herbs, and a vegetable stock cube in the sauce instead of salt and pepper. then I mixed everything together and topped with the grated cheese before grilling it till the top was browned and crispy. I only used 7oz of tortellini and halved the amount of tomatoes and kept the rest of the ingredients as per recipe. we had 2very generous servings.