Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
a nice, easy recipe that can be made in 30 minutes. Great for a quick dinner.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 5 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese, drained
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Cut broccoli into very small florets, leaving very little stem, and place florets and water in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, add margarine, sprinkle flour over broccoli and toss.
- In a large bowl, with beaten eggs, add cottage cheese, cream, 1/2 cup of the cheese, onion, salt, seasoned salt, and white pepper and mix well together.
- Combine broccoli and egg mixture and pour into a buttered 7x11 baking dish.
- Sprinkle other 1/2 cup of cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or till center is set.
I made this for "American Thanksgiving" in Sweden for a bunch of hockey players and they all loved it! Who would have thought that 21-30 year old men with big appetites would have liked the broccoli dish the most? I was really happy with it and I never cook so the fact that I could do this means it's really simple. I didn't add onion because the cheese I had was really strong and with the seasoning I don't think you need any other flavors. Awesome dish!
Very nice side dish! In lieu of cheddar (I was out) I subbed with feta and cream cheese. I did still use the cottage cheese as well. The only thing I shoulda done was omit the salt since I was using feta. But no matter, it was gobbled up quickly. Thanks for a great recipe.
I'm not much of a maker of souffles, but after reading the other reviews, was willing to take this one on! Glad I did, too, 'cause it's a very satisfying & tasty dish, but then we love broccoli around here, so . . . I did use fat-free cottage cheese as well as the same when it came to half-and-half, & also used lemon pepper for the seasoning! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]