Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
When you've had your fill of summer salad regulars like coleslaw, potato and macaroni, try this broccoli salad. It's a nice change of pace. Use your preference for the cheese, i.e. cheddar, mozzarella, etc.
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped in bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- bacon bits (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Prepare first 6 ingredients and place in bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients well and toss with vegetables, one hour before serving.
- Add a 1/4 cup bacon bits (optional).