Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 cup French-fried onions
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Microwave: Mix together soup, broccoli, cheese, 1/2 the onions and water.
- Spoon into a 1 quart casserole dish.
- Microwave on high 4 minutes.
- Stir; top with remaining onion.
- Microwave on high 6-8 minutes.
Very yummy! I made it using the Dairy-free cream of mushroom soup recipe, and substituted vegan cheese. It was so nice to have a vegan meal that tasted so "homestyle". Thanks!
Great recipe. I did bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees since the oven was already hot. I did use long grain rice (cooked in microwave ahead of time) plus 1/4 tsp. onion powder since I did not have any French fried onions. I had been craving this recipe for a while... Thanks for submitting the recipe.
I changed this considerably. 2 cups organic long grain brown rice cooked. 2 cups organic broccoli chopped fine. 1/2 cup of mushrooms minced 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 cup organic sour cream 1 tbsp organic unsalted butter 1/4 shredded cheese, swiss, guyere, etc. salt and pepper to taste steam broccolli until crisp tender. Cook rice until done. In a medium skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter, add onion amd mushrooms. Cook over med low heat until done. Remove from heat. Add one cup sour cream, blend mushrooms and onions. (good twist black pepper,+- okay)