Easy side dish that we love and make often with everything from meatloaf to steaks, and will be one of the side dishes for our Thanksgiving dinner, too. Cooking times are approximate, and may need longer if you prefer vegetables more "done".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb fresh shiitake mushroom, stemmed,thinly sliced (or a mix of sliced mushrooms, if you prefer)
- 1 small onion, chopped (or 2 shallots, if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon thyme, to taste
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet or pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add broccoli and saute until it begins to turn bright green, keeping it moving in the pan so it doesn't burn.
- 3NOTE: if you like broccoli more"done", cook a bit longer; this recipe will yield a fairly crisp, crunchy broccoli.
- 4When broccoli is done*close* to your preference, add butter or a bit of extra oil to the pan, and add onion and thyme.
- 5Saute for a minute or two; add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are tender and hot.
- 6Garnish with parmesan and more pepper.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Mushroom Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.7
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g