Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Found on the National Pork Producers Council website.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, canned, drained
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces pimiento, drained
- Cook broccoli in chicken broth in large saucepan until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain broccoli, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Cut broccoli spears into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, fry bacon in medium-size skillet until slightly crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except pimiento strips; cook and stir until bacon is crisp and mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes longer.
- Just before serving, combine broccoli and 1/3 cup cooking liquid with cooked ingredients.
- Heat until hot.
- Arrange in serving dish.
- Garnish with pimiento strips.