1/1 Photo of Broccoli Ham Casserole
This is a nice casserole to use up leftover ham. No condensed soup needed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups rotini pasta or 4 cups your favorite shape pasta
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3/4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Spray a 2-qrt casserole with cooking spray. Place drained pasta in casserole and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3Combine milk, flour, thyme and marjoram in a small bowl and set aside.
- 4Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté onion, broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ham and heat thoroughly, about 2 more minutes.
- 5Add reserved milk mixture and stir until thickened, about 4 minutes; do not boil.
- 6Sprinkle ham mixture over the pasta in the prepared casserole.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Ham Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.5
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 897.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme leaves