This is a nice casserole to use up leftover ham. No condensed soup needed!
Make and share this Broccoli Ham Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups rotini pasta or 4 cups your favorite shape pasta
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons marjoram
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain well. Spray a 2-qrt casserole with cooking spray. Place drained pasta in casserole and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine milk, flour, thyme and marjoram in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and sauté onion, broccoli, mushroom, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add ham and heat thoroughly, about 2 more minutes.
- Add reserved milk mixture and stir until thickened, about 4 minutes; do not boil.
- Sprinkle ham mixture over the pasta in the prepared casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.