Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple recipe that I got from my mom. A great change from ordinary salads.
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 Bacos bacon bits or 1⁄2 crumbled bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in halves
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- Chop broccoli, red onion, and grapes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add Bacos and sunflower seeds.
- Prepare sauce and add to bowl.
- Stir and serve or refrigerate.
This dish was absolutely delicious! Though I used Greek yogurt honey instead of mayonnaise. Then used red wine vinegar, instead of using sunflower seeds I used slivered almonds. Awesome!
Absolutely delicious...a keeper!!
Loved this salad! I've been trying Broccoli Salad recipes for years and this is the first one that hits it out of the park. I used raisins instead of grapes but otherwise followed the recipe exactly.