MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a nice change from ordinary coleslaw. The sesame oil gives a distinct flavor. Toasted sesame seed or slivered almonds can also be added for an extra touch.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced green peppers or 1/2 cup red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all slaw ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over slaw and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My husband and I really liked this. We enjoyed the dressing recipe, however we did omit the salad oil and the poppy seads. We also just used shredded cabbage and carrots. We ate this slaw on its own, but we also really enjoyed it on top of turkey burgers the next day. We'll be doing this one again for sure!Reply
see 3 more