Recipe by opera_vanderzee
Sort of a bread or vegetable side. Good way to sneak in some veggies! Great for something different! Good to make ahead and refrigerate (for several hours). If you do add 5 minutes to cooking time.
Top Review by KateL
Wow! Tastes so good, and seems like the perfect side dish for picky little eaters (sneak in broccoli, protein, dairy in a delicious package). Saving leftovers for my 21-mo.-old granddaughter to sample. Made for Spring 2014 Pick A Chef.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained well
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 large eggs, lightly beated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package corn muffin mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Lightly mist a 13 by 9 inch glass or ceramic dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Place the butter in a large safe dish and melt in microwave on high until melted,(50 seconds). Stir in broccoli, onions, eggs, cottage cheese, and salt. Stir in corn muffin mix until all big lumps are gone. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake until light brown and springs back when pressed, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.