Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had broccoli the other night and didn't want to cook (or throw out) the stem, so I cut it up and decided to use it in a soup. This was my result. =) It kind of reminds me of some kind of soup you could get in a Chinese restaurant for some reason. =) Also, this recipe is for two servings, so only eat half of it if you're on the HCG diet. If you want to add or remove certain spices, feel free to do so!! =)
- 709.77-946.36 ml water
- 170.09 g chicken, pre-cooked, cubed
- 473.18 ml broccoli stems, chopped
- 59.16 ml Braggs liquid aminos (optional, may add more or less if desired)
- 14.79-29.58 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92-9.85 ml garlic, powdered
- 4.92 ml cumin, powdered
- 0.25 ml pepper, ground, to taste
- Pour water in a medium sized pot on medium heat and add all ingredients.
- Let simmer for 20-60 minutes (until broccoli is tender).
- Eat half and save the other half for the next day or whenever. =).
I loved the originality of this recipe...and I loved not wasting the stems from the broccoli...which I always do...this is very filling...I cut the recipe in half and couldn't finish it all...I admit I did use the higher end of the water amount...yes it does have a Chinese restaurant flavor to it...must be the braggs...I think I would use fresh minced garlic instead of the powder...the powder took a long time to dissolve...for a hcg recipe it was really good...thanks for posting it...made for Spring 212 PAC...