Chopped Steak and Onions - Hcg Phase 2
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (I use the sweet varieties for better flavor)
- steak grill seasoning
- Form the ground beef into a patty, season with steak seasoning. Slice onion very thinly, I use a mandolin for this.
- Place patty into a preheated small fry pan (to medium high heat), top with onions. Let cook for 2-3 mins, then flip the patty over so the onions end up on the bottom. Cook for another 2-3 mins, this will allow onions to brown and the steam to rise up through the patty finishing the cooking.
- Remove to a plate and enjoy with a nice glass of green tea.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of 2 young kids, one of which is picky. I came to the 'Zaar looking for new ways to prepare foods to try and get my family to eat healthier. I am proud to say both my picky one and my picky husband are eating a lot more vegtables and liking them! I love to collect cookbooks (don't we all) because I am always on the hunt for yummy new recipes. When I find a recipe I love, it goes on a 4x6 card and into my recipe box for future use. Since I like trying new things, the recipe has to be pretty special for me to hang on to it. I would say a good 90% of what I make I like, but just not enough for it to be THE recipe. I am generally not a picky eater, I like most things, but am just always on the look out for something different. I want us to eat healthier and have been preparing healthier foods, but we do enjoy the occasional bad meal. :) I am trying to do a couple all veggie dinners each week, a couple nights of fish, and the rest of the week is a toss up with chicken filling in the majority of the time. <img src="http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/dbknadler/FunkyShPBanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff77/dbknadler/1honorablementionmostwantedDbKnable.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">