Recipe by terirose22
I was hunting for recipes on Recipezaar and couldn't find something that I had all the ingredients for, so I had to create something using what I had. This isn't as quick and easy as some similar recipes, but used fresh veggies and real rice . It also tasted fantastic, and my family loved it! The preparation stretched a small package of boneless skinless chicken breasts into a meal that could feed 8 people!
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups rice
- 4 crowns fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cheese spread (Like Cheese Whiz)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces finely shredded cheddar cheese
- garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken breasts in a small amount of oil until cooked through.
- Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and season if desired (I used Emeril's Southwest Essence).
- Meanwhile, cook the 2 cups of rice in 4 cups of water for 15 minutes (or as directed on package), and steam broccoli florets in a colander over boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Broccoli should be crunchy but edible.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a very large bowl, combine cooked rice, chicken pieces, steamed broccoli, green pepper, soup, cheese whiz, chicken broth, shredded cheese, and a little garlic salt if desired.
- Mix thoroughly and turn into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until top is slightly browned and casserole is bubbly.