Recipe by Bobtail
This recipe is from my cousin, Trudy. We have every Thanksgiving and Christmas, when our families get together. However, I do carry it to church functions all year long. I always get compliments on it. Hope you enjoy!!! By the way, a short cut would be just to mix all the vegetables into the cheese mixture and bake(not layering), then topping with the crushed crackers
Top Review by Aunt Paula
Huge hit! My husband just raved about this. Said two times how good it was! He even went back for seconds and filled his entire plate with it! The cheese crackers really give a nice flavor. I omitted the peas, since I didn't have any on hand. But followed recipe as directed. Will definitely be making this again in our house! Thanks Bobtail for another fantastic recipe!
- 1 box cheese crackers (Better Cheddars or Cheese Nips)
- 2 (10 ounce) packageschopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 can leseur garden peas, drained
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 quart or 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Crush enough cheese crackers till very fine and you have 1 1/2 cup.
- (I crush in a zip lock bag, using my grandmother's rolling pin.) Layer ½ broccoli, ½ garden peas, ½ cheese mixture.
- Repeat these layers.
- Top with 1 ½ cup crushed cheese crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.