Recipe by carolinafan
Sounds like an unusual combination but it is really good. From Taste of Home.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
I just came on to post this, and I'm glad to see it here! I always make this with a bit less butter and reduced-fat cheese, and the recipe does not suffer for it. I second flyingmarquis' review--just try it!!
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 inches of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and garlic in 1 tablespoons butter. Spread in a greased 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Drain broccoli; place over onion mixture. Top with beans and pimientos. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Melt remaining butter; pour over the top.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 20 minutes or until heated through.