Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Colourful, tastes as good as it looks! I sometimes add mushrooms or a light sprinkle of favourite cheese. from Smart Cooking by Anne Lindsay
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 yellow sweet pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Peel tough broccoli stems.
- Cut stem and florets into bite size pieces.
- Blanch in large pot of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or until bright green and tender crisp, drain, cool under cold running water and dry on paper towels.
- Seed peppers and cut into thin strips.
- In a large frypan or wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and ginger, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add peppers and stir fry for 2 or 3 minutes, adding chicken stock when necessary to prevent sticking or scorching.
- Add broccoli, stir fry until heated through, sprinkle with soy sauce.
- Serve immediately.
I blanched the broccoli in the AM, got the pepperes all sliced etc and then just before dinner it too k me 4 minutes to finish this delicious dish. I can't believe that it can taster this good and be so low in calories. It's a keeper, thanks again Dorothy
This was great! I loved the way the broccoli kept a bit of crunch and stayed so green - a nice contrast against the peppers. Thanks for posting it.
Loved the flavour and the colour combination of this dish. Had it with a jacket baked potato with lite sour cream on top and my baked lemon chicken breasts. The flavours blended beautifully. Thanks for posting Cheers :)