1 hr 20 mins
Souped up, flavorful version of this popular casserole.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 cup yellow onion, small dice
- 1 cup poblano chile, small dice (may substitute other mild to medium hot chili pepper)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut to bite size
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup fontinella cheese, shredded (may substitute parmasean)
- 1Cook rice according to package, using fat free chicken stock.
- 2Heat olive oil, over medium heat, in non stick skillet. Add chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes. Add red bell pepper, onion, green chili and mushrooms and cook until softened.
- 3Stir in garlic, broccoli, soup and milk.
- 4Mix cheeses together and reserve 1/4 cup.
- 5Stir in the 3/4 cup mixed cheeses. Stir in the cooked rice. Mix thoroughly and put into casserole dish. Sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake for 30 min, in 350 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.7 mg
- Sodium 483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: