I took this amazing salad to a barbecue and there was nothing left. If you use herbed and garlic Feta Cheese, omit the 1 clove of garlic or taste and then add as much garlic to suit your taste buds. You can also make this ahead and keep covered in the refrigerator up to a day. This recipe came from one of my favorite magazines "Canadian Living."
- 1 bunch broccoli (approx. 1lb)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup very thinly sliced red onion
- Cut broccoli into florets.
- Pour enough water into saucepan to come 1 inch up side and bring to boil.
- Place broccoli in steamer basket in saucepan; cover and steam until bright green but still crisp (approx 1 min) Drain.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Add broccoli, feta cheese, tomatoes and onion.
- Toss to coat.