Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Serve this delicious tart for brunch, lunch, or a light supper. It can also be made using mini pastry shells for individual appetizers. For appetizers, adjust baking time to 20 minutes for or until browned and filling is set.
- 9 inches pie crusts
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut small
- 8 ounces cream cheese spread with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Pre-bake pie crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Steam broccoli 3 to 4 minutes. Pat dry. Scatter broccoli over cooked pie crust.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in half & half, eggs and yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in green onions.
- Pour cheese mixture over broccoli. Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese. Bake until set, 35 minutes or until browned and filling is set.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.