Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great one dish meals for seafood lovers.
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 2 fennel bulbs, cleaned and diced into 1 inch pieces
- 8-10 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled,seeded and diced or 708.73 g can plum tomatoes, drained and diced
- 354.88 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml fish stock or 236.59 ml clam broth
- salt and pepper
- 453.59 g mussels, in shell
- 453.59 g clams in shell
- 226.79 g shucked scallops
- 453.59 g prawns or 453.59 g shrimp, in the shell
- 226.79 g salmon fillets
- 226.79 g white fish fillets (halibut, cod, bass et al)
- garlic butter, as needed
- French bread, as needed
- To make tomato sauce:
- Heat 4 T. olive oil over low to medium heat, and cook onion, 4 minced cloves garlic and fennel until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add tomatoes and increase heat to medium-high; cook until mixture bubbles.
- Stir in 1/2 c. wine and the fish stock.
- Lower heat and cook gently for about 15 minutes, until liquid is reduced to sauce-like consistency.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Prepare fish:
- Wash shellfish and shell prawns if necessary.
- Cut fish into 2 inch cubes.
- Heat 2 T. olive oil in a pot large enough to hold all the seafood.
- Saute 2 remaining minced garlic cloves over low to medium heat until soft but not browned.
- Add salmon, whitefish and prawns and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over increased heat.
- Add mussels, clams, scallops and remaining cup of white wine.
- Simmer until clams and mussels begin to open and prawns begin to change color.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer until heated through.
- Serve in bowls with garlic butter and plenty of french bread.