Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I found at Bahama Breeze's web site. I absolutely loved the fresh citrus flavors of this dish!! As one reviewer stated don't let long list of ingredients but you off, as this doesn't take long at all to make. I make the glaze ahead of time and make the citrus butter while the chicken is on the grill!!
Top Review by ForeverMama
This dish really did transport me to a sunny beachy place in the Caribbean. The flavors were so tasty and what a fun dish to make and so pretty too. My husband was licking his chops! Thank you so much diner524 for sharing. Made it for CQ3 Bahamas.
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup wood chips, soaked in water for 15 minutes
For Orange Glaze (use 1/2 cup for this recipe and save any leftovers)
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
For Citrus Butter (use 1/2 cup of this sauce for this recipe and save the rest for another dish)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, Fresh squeezed
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional, as I forgot it 1st time and I like it better without the sugar)
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Chicken:.
- Lightly coat the chicken breast with olive oil, salt and pepper on both sides. Grill over a medium heat, pre-heated char-grill with wood chips added just prior to adding the chicken or a charcoal grill with wood chips added. Grill for 6-7 minutes per side, while flipping it over twice during the grilling; the chicken is done when 165-170°F on a meat thermometer or the juices run clear when pierced with a fork. When the chicken is fully cooked baste generously with the orange glaze on both sides. Allow the chicken to cook for one additional minute to caramelize the glaze. Serve immediately with warm citrus butter sauce and your favorite sides. Enjoy!
- For Orange Glaze:.
- Place all the ingredients in a kitchen blender and pulse until smooth. Place in a clean container and refrigerate until needed for grilling.
- For the Citrus Butter:.
- Add the oil in a heated small sauce pan. Add the shallots and sauté for one minute. Add the Orange juice and white wine and reduce by ¾. Reduce the heat to low and add the butter cubes one at a time while whisking the sauce to evenly incorporate the butter; do not allow the sauce to boil as it will break. Add the sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then strain the sauce through fine mesh strainer. Serve hot and Enjoy!