Bahama Breeze Tostones Con Pollo
OMG! They're like spanish chicken nachos. Amazing!!! I buy my tostones (green plantains) at my local produce store, but they can be found at any spanish market. They come "pre-cooked /frozen." Do not thaw before frying!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 quart vegetable oil
- 1 lb green plantain, frozen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Heat vegetable oil in fryer or deep skillet over medium high heat until sizzling when a SMALL drop of water is added.
- Fry frozen tostones in batches of 5 or 6 until crispy and golden. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- In separate skillet heat butter over medium heat. Add chicken, cumin and taco seasoning, stirring occasionally until nearly cooked through.
- Add in bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Cover and cook until soft.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- To serve, top 6-7 tostones with chicken mixture. Top with a few spoonfulls of fresh salsa and sour cream if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION