This a great brunch item. I have made this twice and it is a hit! Make a day ahead and you are all ready for the next morning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Thaw pastry according to package directions, about 30 minutes.
- 3Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. add potatoes and sauté 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in bell pepper (can be red or green) and onion; sauté 3 minutes then add cubed ham.
- 5Add eggs cream cheese and orange juice in blender blend at medium till mixed well.
- 6Add eggs to the pan and scramble till set.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Refrigerate eggs while working with puff pastry.
- 9Unfold a pastry sheet on a work surface that's been lightly dusted with flour. Roll pastry lengthwise to 12X10 then transfer to a piece of parchment cut to fit a baking sheet. Trim pastry cut off top corners notch bottom to create flaps.
- 10Spoon half the egg mixture down the center; cut strips on both sides at a a 45 degree angle.
- 11Fold up the flaps at both ends, then braid the strips across the filling.
- 12Lift parchment and strudels onto baking sheets.
- 13Combine the remaining egg and water; brush over top of strudels. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 20-30 minutes, or until golden.
- 14Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.
- 15The ingredients in this can be altered in anyway -- I have used Italian sausage instead of ham and mozzarella cheese. You could do all kinds of different combinations.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Strudel
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.6
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g