Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
quick and easy for a morning breakfast
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- cold water
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Rub in butter til crumbly.
- Mix in beaten eggs.
- Add enough cold water to make a soft dough.
- Turn onto floured board and pat to 1 inch thickness.
- Cut in rounds or squares.
- Fold in half and brush with milk.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Dust each with sugar.
- Bake 400F 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter and jam.
Fresh out of the oven was awsome. We used about a 1/4 cup of butter and worked well. I may try cutting back a bit in the future but for now 1/4 cup works.
This was sooo good! It was easy to make and tasted great! I wasn't sure how much butter to put in, but I used about 3/4 of a stick and it turned out fine. Thanks for submitting this recipe!
Really good! at first i put in to much water but they still tasted great! Definatly five stars. P.S. I put in 1 whole stick of butter and it worked out fine.