Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
A quick and delicious breakfast or lunch dish.
- 1 9 inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1⁄2 lb sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups potatoes, raw,grated,rinsed in cold water and squeezed dry
- 1 green onion, minced
- 5 eggs, well beaten
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spread sausage evenly in bottom of prepared pie shell.
- Sprinkle cheese, potatoes and onion over sausage.
- Pour eggs over all.
- Bake for 5 minutes, reduce heat to 375F and bake 45-55 minutes, until lightly browned and well set.
A great and simple recipe! Being from New Mexico, I substituted green chile for green onion, and it was delicious! I also added a little milk to the eggs and used a few more to fill the dish. Thanks for posting!
Excellent, easy recipe - thank you!
Very nice recipe. I made this for visiting family that had never had a Quiche and they loved it. I did have to add about 1/4 cup heavy cream and 2 additional eggs to fill the dish. Also used bacon instead of sausage as personal preferance and fresh asparagus from the garden - and it turned out great. Thanks Evelyn for a recipe that was quick, easy, very tasty and impressive for my family.