Crustless Individual Breakfast Quiche
photo by The Miserable Gourm
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup egg white
- 1⁄2 cup cooked crumbled Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 large mushrooms, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- In a large pan over low heat, cook onion over low heat until softened. About two minutes.
- Add pepper, cover and cook an additional two minutes.
- Add sausage, mushroom, and salsa. Put lid back on and turn off heat.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg white until frothy.
- Stir in salsa.
- Add cooled vegetables and stir,.
- Generously spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2C of mixture into each muffin cup.
- Add a healthy pinch of cheddar cheese to each cup.
- Top with an additional tablespoon of the egg mixture to evenly distribute the rest over the cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven for approx 20 minutes.
- *You can bag individually and freeze for later use.
- * You can use a regular cupcake pan for smaller portions. I would adjust the cooking time to 12-15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in New Jersey with an Italian mother, and Ukranian father. Needless to say I developed a love for a wide variety of foods! I love the Polish Ukranian influence my paternal side brought forth, as well as the traditional Italian cuisine from my mother's side of the family. For me, I have a passion for chocolate and desserts! I always use real butter, rich cream, sugar, and real vanilla, but I understand why we substitute them, and believe all of my recipes fare well with the substitutions, if you choose to do so. I only use salt in my potatoes, so don't expect to see too much of it in any of my recipes!Every recipe I publish has been time tested, and tasted, and raved about! So I guarantee, you'll be happy with every one you try! Thanks for visiting! I hope you come back again!