Recipe by Jen T
A healthy start to the day with cereal, yogurt and fruit all in one dish :) Yumm! Found this in a "3 Ingredient Cookbook". *Note: you can also use fresh blackberries or blueberries in place of the raspberries. It is also nice drizzled with a generous amount of liquid honey for those that like something sweeter :) This is a traditional scottish recipe brought up to date :) *Note: I have posted my recipe for 'Crunchy Oat Cereal' separately.
Top Review by Chef on the coast
This is one of the best breakfasts I have ever had! So simple to make! I have no idea where to purchase Greek yogurt so used plain vanilla instead. Didn't have fresh rapsberries - but did have lots of frozen ones in the freezer. :) Can't wait to eat some more tomorrow! Thanks for sharing. Made for the September 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
- 3 ounces crunchy oat cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1⁄3 cups raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill/broiler to high.
- Spread the cereal in a shallow pan and place under the heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cold fold into the yogurt, then, gently fold in 1 cup of the raspberries, being careful not to crush them too much.
- Spoon into four serving dishes or glasses and top with the remaining berries.
- Serve immediately.