Recipe by MTpockets
I love couscous and I'm always looking for new way's to enjoy it. This is a delicious way to serve it topped with a honey-sweetened sauce that offers a new twist on hot breakfast cereal. Enjoy!
- 1 cup milk (low-fat is ok)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 cup couscous, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons dried currants (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add currents and couscous.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in orange juice and fluff with fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet add cranberries, honey and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover and cook on low heat until for 4-5 Minutes or until cranberry skins begin to pop.
- Remove from heat.
- Gently stir in oranges and almonds.
- To serve, spoon warm couscous into individual serving bowls and top each serving with warm cranberry-orange mixture.
- Serve immediately.