Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is rich in dairy and delicious.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese or 15 ounces Quark
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- fresh sweetened fruit, mixed berries are especially nice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For filling: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add ricotta cheese, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- For blintz: In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In two separate bowls, combine flour with baking powder and yogurt with orange juice.
- Add alternately to egg mixture, and stir until thoroughly blended.
- Pour half of batter into a greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch glass dish.
- Cover batter with filling, spreading evenly to sides of pan.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and cool 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with fresh sweetened fruit.
I love blini/blintz!! This was my first time making them! Fabulous on it's own, but I added a simple berry compote and it put it over the top. The recipe is super versatile, and I think would lend itself to so many different kinds of toppings. Thanks Ev!!!!
What a wonderful brunch. Just let it bake, while we sat back sipping mimosas! Marinated some fresh strawberries in Grand Marnier which drew out the orange flavor in the souffle. This is now posted in my brunch cookbook, and will be used often!