Recipe by carolinerenee
This recipe is also very rich but so tender it melts in your mouth.
Top Review by KeyWee
This dish was tender & delicious, just as Caroline promised! My husband loved the gravy (thicken with a little flour at the end, as Caroline suggests). Would definitely make this again - a great way to use the beef we get from the farmer next door!
- 1 large sirloin steak
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from steak and cut steak into smaller portions (should get about 5 or 6 small steaks) Salt and Pepper the steak as heavily as you prefer, and roll in the flour.
- Preheat Butter at Med High heat.
- Cook steak on one side until seared and brown, then flip steak and sear on other side for just about a minute to seal in the juices.
- Turn heat down to low and add water.
- Cover and cook at low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- put meat on serving plate and mix gravy that is in the pan together and serve on mashed potatoes.
- Gravy should be thick enough but if desired add a little more flour to gravy and heat until gravy is as thick as desired.
- Quick note: I recommend using a non stick fry pan so as one reviewer mentioned you don't have trouble with the flour sticking to the pan.