Recipe by Irish Rose
Easy to make, but takes time to marinate. If you like garlic, you will like this. Being a former West Virginia girl, I like this with pinto beans, greens and a side of cornbread.
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken. Seal and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator, drain, discarding buttermilk mixture. Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet to 375 degrees.
- Carefully place coated chicken in hot oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Drain on paper towels.