Breaded Zucchini Fingers
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Substitute, mixed with 1/4 cup water (or use 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium zucchini
- non-stick olive oil flavored cooking spray
- marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare baking sheet with heavy spray of non-stick cooking spray.
- Place eggs or egg substitute in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Mix together dry ingredients in another shallow bowl; set aside.
- Cut zucchini into fingers 3/8"x3".
- Dip zucchini into egg substitute, then roll in bread crumbs, coating thoroughly.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Lightly spray tops of zucchini with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes; turn with spatula, then bake 7-8 minutes more, or until crispy and golden.
- Serve with marinara dipping sauce, if you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It was "munchie night" at our house last night, so whatever is in the frig or freezer is what we have. I had plenty of zukes so I made your recipe, I'll admit however I deep fried mine *LOL Needless to say they weren't as healthy as you recipe (I'd change the name to Lite Breaded Zucinni Fingers" since they are so much better for you than deep fired)! Anyway, they were wonderful, I didn't have any marinara so I served Ranch dressing and I personally just love them with salt! I will be trying these in the oven next time however as I think they will come out with more breading and cripser then when I deep fry! Thanks again!
I love zucchini! MIL generously gave me the first harvest of zucchini this year and the first recipe I went to to prepare them. Good stuff. I used 2 eggs and full fat Parmesan. Sprayed the top with some cooking oil too. I didn't serve them with the marinara, I love them "as is". These made a great snack today. Thanks for posting. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.
see 9 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org