Recipe by Kiddykoo
Our all-time favorite meat item! Everybody who has ever had this has flipped out! It's so easy and make extra and freeze it for a meal in 5 minutes!! Give it a try--I promise you won't be disappointed!
- 1 (4 lb) rump roast or 1 (4 lb) boneless bottom round roast
- 4 -5 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 -3 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheese
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have your butcher slice the rump roast on the lunch meat slicer (tell him a little thicker than see-through).
- This recipe is nice because it's sliced thin, it's always tender so you can get away with using a little cheaper piece of meat.
- If you can't get it sliced this way, freezer meat for a few hours (about 1/2 frozen) and slice thin slices.
- Mix the eggs and water in a large bowl.
- On a LARGE sheet of foil--mix bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and grated cheese (garlic and grated cheese-add however much to your taste--these are general measurements). Dip RAW sliced beef in egg and than bread crumbs (I put them on another large sheet of foil-2 pieces side by side and than I separate them with wax paper because I always make double this recipe and freeze some and this makes it easier to get them apart).
- If you run out of egg or bread crumb mixture just make a little more.
- Heat oil in large frying pan, put 2-3 slices in pan and fry until just browned (about 2 minutes the 1 st side and 1 minute the 2nd side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Add more oil to the pan as needed.
- Serve with a squeeze of sliced lemon. Fantastic hot or room temperature.