1/7 Photos of Bread Pudding
This is delicious, super-easy to make, and the ingredients are what you will always have on hand in your pantry. Before we even knew how to bake cakes and cookies, my little sister and I used to make this whenever a sweet craving attacked us (a not infrequent event!).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven up to 350°F.
- 2Cut slices of bread into cubes.
- 3In a saucepan, heat the milk, and butter but do not allow to boil.
- 4To this, add the vanilla, beaten eggs and sugar, when a bit cooled.
- 5Add the baking powder and blend until smooth.
- 6In an ovenproof tray, layer the cubes of bread and pour over it the liquid prepared above, until the bread is saturated.
- 7If desired, sprinkle your choice of nutmeg, cinnamon or raisins.
- 8Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until it browns.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.7
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.7 mg
- Sodium 685.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g