Apple, Rum and Raisin Bread Pudding
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, combine milk, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar.
- Stir in bread cubes; let stand for at least 30 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine raisins and rum or apple juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, toss together apples, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar.
- Add raisin and apple mixtures to the softened bread, mixing well.
- Spread evenly in a greased 8”x8”x2” baking pan.
- Drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender.
- Serve warm or cold.
Delicious. I used stale homemade raisin and whole wheat breads. I chose the rum option, and added a little extra for good measure! I enjoyed this and wished I'd have used larger apples because they were so tender and tasty. I will make this again with white bread. Very easy recipe foodtvfan. Thanks.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My favorite thing to do is to spend time with family and friends, especially my two grandsons. Cooking, collecting recipe books and tried and true recipes from family and friends, and all the wonderful cooks here at food.com, is what I enjoy too.</p> <p>My favorite sayings are: Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, and Today is a gift; that is why it is called the 'present'. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> and Remember yesterday, dream about tomorrow, but live for today. <img title=Smile src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif border=0 alt=Smile /> </p> <p>My favorite poem is: <br /><span>Common Things <br /></span>The things I prize of greatest worth, <br />Are just the common things of earth; <br />the rain, the sun, the grass, the trees; <br />The flowers, the birds, the glorious breeze; <br />Clouds that pass, and stars that shine, <br />Mountains, valleys, all are mine; <br />Rivers broad, and open sea <br />Are riches none can take from me. <br />Our God is here on every hand, <br />Upon the sea, upon the land! <br />And day by day my thanks I give <br />That with these common things I live. <br />....Praying Hands</p> <p>My pet peeve is people who spit gum on the sidewalk even if there is a trash bin a few feet away!! I have stepped in 'fresh' gum a couple of times!! </p> <p><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg alt=/ /></p>