Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is from Betty Crocker.Who said that hearty bread can't be delicious? This flavorful bread bakes beautifully with tasty nuts and oats in every bite.
- Measure carefully, placing all ingredients except seeds in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Add nuts at the Raisin/Nut signal or 5 to 10 minutes before last kneading cycle ends.
- Select Basic/White cycle. Use Medium or Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- I made mine on the Dough cycle.
- At the end place dough on floured counter; cut in half, shape into 2 loaves and place in 2- 8" loaf pans. Slash the loaves and brush with liquid eggs if available.Let rise 45 minutes in warm place.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cooked.
This made a tasty breakfast topped with some peanut butter! I love that the recipe uses 1/2 wheat flour yet still stays light and fluffy and has yummy oats and nuts too! I also used my dough cycle and then baked, but left out the liquid eggs step. Almost forgot to add: this worked wonderfully at high altitude, I've had mixed success with high altitude baking, so it's always good to find gems like this! Thanks for posting!
This is a great loaf of bread! I used the dough cycle and finished it off in the oven (I hate the shape of loaves my machine makes). Thanks for including those instructions. I will be making this again!