Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
We really enjoy this bread. It is not too sweet and the egg gives a nice texture. Found this recipe on the about search engine.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast, sprinkled over flour
- In bowl pour boiling water over oatmeal.
- Let stand until still a bit warm.
- Add ingredients as you do in your own bread maker. Bake on light setting.
I bake this bread 3 times a week. We have stopped buying bread in the store completely. I did modify the recipe for our altitude, which is over 7,000 feet and have added sunflower seeds for a little more texture. A family staple!