1 hr 8 mins
Iowa Jenny's Note:
This recipe comes from the user manual & Bread Recipes for the Oster 2lb. EXPRESSBAKE Breadmaker.
My Private Note
loaf of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully measure 1 cup and 2 tablespoons (9 ounces total) of hot water. Remember, it's a good idea to place the measuring cup at eye level to make sure you have measured exactly.
- 2Use a cooking thermometer to make sure the temperature of the water is between 115-125 degrees. When water is at the proper temperature, pour into the baking pan.
- 3Carefully measure and add 2 tablespoons of oil that is at room temperature.
- 4Carefully measure and add the salt and sugar to the baking pan.
- 5Measure and add exactly 3 cups of bread flour to the baking pan. Remember to level off the bread flour for an exact measurement.
- 6Before adding the yeast, use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients.
- 7Measure (again leveling off) 4 1/2 teaspoons of "Red Start Quick Rise" yeast and carefully pour into the well you made in the flour.
- 8Carefully snap the baking pan into the breadmaker.
- 9Repeatedly press the "Select" button until the display reads "5:P".
- 10Press the "Start/Stop" button and your machine will start making bread.
- 11After teh EXPRESSBAKE setting bread is baked, use pot holders or oven mits to carefully lift the pan by its handle from the breadmaker.
- 12Turn the pan upside down onto a cooling rack and gently shake it until the bread comes out. If it sticks, take a rubber spatula, (metal can damage the pan's surface), and carefully go around the sides of the loaf until the bread comes out.
- 13If the kneading blade comes out with the bread, use a plastic utensil to remove it from the loaf. Remember, it will be hot!
- 14Allow the bread to cool on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing and enjoying it.
- 15If you wish to make another loaf of bread right away, please allow the breadmaker to cool down for 10-15 minutes with the cover open and the pan removed.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for (Bread Machine) 1 1/2lb. Traditional White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 586.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g