Recipe by Iowa Jenny
This recipe comes from the user manual & Bread Recipes for the Oster 2lb. EXPRESSBAKE Breadmaker.
- 1 cup hot water, plus
- 2 tablespoons hot water ("hot water" 115 - 125 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons oil (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread machine flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons fast rising yeast (Red Start Quick Rise Yeast")
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully measure 1 cup and 2 tablespoons (9 ounces total) of hot water. Remember, it's a good idea to place the measuring cup at eye level to make sure you have measured exactly.
- Use a cooking thermometer to make sure the temperature of the water is between 115-125 degrees. When water is at the proper temperature, pour into the baking pan.
- Carefully measure and add 2 tablespoons of oil that is at room temperature.
- Carefully measure and add the salt and sugar to the baking pan.
- Measure and add exactly 3 cups of bread flour to the baking pan. Remember to level off the bread flour for an exact measurement.
- Before adding the yeast, use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast. Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients.
- Measure (again leveling off) 4 1/2 teaspoons of "Red Start Quick Rise" yeast and carefully pour into the well you made in the flour.
- Carefully snap the baking pan into the breadmaker.
- Repeatedly press the "Select" button until the display reads "5:P".
- Press the "Start/Stop" button and your machine will start making bread.
- After teh EXPRESSBAKE setting bread is baked, use pot holders or oven mits to carefully lift the pan by its handle from the breadmaker.
- Turn the pan upside down onto a cooling rack and gently shake it until the bread comes out. If it sticks, take a rubber spatula, (metal can damage the pan's surface), and carefully go around the sides of the loaf until the bread comes out.
- If the kneading blade comes out with the bread, use a plastic utensil to remove it from the loaf. Remember, it will be hot!
- Allow the bread to cool on the rack for 15 minutes before slicing and enjoying it.
- If you wish to make another loaf of bread right away, please allow the breadmaker to cool down for 10-15 minutes with the cover open and the pan removed.