Recipe by princess buttercup
Turn your less than fresh bread into a cheap, tasty treat! You will not believe how tasty these are! Since I always have the ingredients I have played around with a few variations.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine liquids and add to dry.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from pan while still warm.
- Cool on rack.
- Variations: Mexican Chocolate Cookies: add 1 tsp cinnamon and almonds.
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies: omit cocoa add 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Cappuccino Cookies; add 1 tsp cinnamon, and 2 Tbsp instant coffee.