Cake Crumb Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 -7 cups cake crumbs
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 1/2 teaspoon allspice or 1/2 teaspoon oats
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crush cake into crumbs in a food processor.
- Beat eggs and milk then add cake crumbs and let stand 15 minutes.
- Blend in sugar, margarine and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices and add to sugar mixture. Fold in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by the tablespoonful on greased cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1/3" thick. These cookies do not spread so you can space them close to each other.
- Bake 10-15 minutes until edges and bottoms are golden. They won't brown much overall. Store airtight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
i'm 25 years old and have had a passion for baking ever since i was 9 and baked my first mini whipped cream and fruit filled mini tarts. i am a dessert person all the way and a white chocolate lover. my biggest problem is that i like to bake so much that people around me can't eat fast enough to keep up. i have a baking blog at http://BUTTERCREAMBARBIE.blogspot.com