Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is for a discussion of vintage cookbook recipes. This is From the 1941 edition of The New American Cookbook by Lily Haxworth Wallace.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored.
- Add sugar and water.
- Add the nuts, bread crumbs, baking powder, and shortening.
- Mix well.
- Add vanilla and fold in Stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in 2 greased layer cake pans in hot oven (400°F) 15- 20 minutes.
- When cool, spread whipped cream, sweetened and flavored, between layers and on top of cake.