Recipe by TLu
We love rice and this rice came from a friend who keeps a container of it in her fridge. She serves it with every meal.
Top Review by MrsK
If you like this, you should try it the way my mother used to make. Just use lots of onions, diced. Stir fry them until they are transparent and follow the rest of the recipe. I used to be the first to dig in, since I love the onions that float to the top! Brings back childhood memories...
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups water or 1 1⁄2 cups broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and drain rice.
- Set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add tomatoes, rice, salt, pepper and water or broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Bring heat to medium.
- Cook until all bubbles on surface have disappeared.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.