1/2 Photos of Brazilian Pepper-Scented Rice
Simple and delicious, this dish makes use of highly aromatic peppers, adding a level of sophistication to even the simplest of meals. When making this dish, use the habañero pepper whole if you want less heat, and dice it if you like more heat. Since habañero peppers are immensely hot, you cook with them to flavor the rice, but most palates are uncomfortable eating these peppers whole. From FoodinBrazil.com
My Private Note
1/2 cup ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the oil into a large saucepan and heat for a few seconds.
- 2Add the onion, garlic, and rice.
- 3Fry gently, stirring for about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the chili pepper, hot water, and salt. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 5Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until the rice is soft and the water has been absorbed.
- 6Remove the chili pepper and serve.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brazilian Pepper-Scented Rice
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 298.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g