Prep 20 mins
Cook 38 mins
Spicy seafood stew with a nice depth. Calls for a lot of shrimp but worth it on special occasions. Got this from my friend Dayl, who may have gotten it from Cooking Light, quite a few years ago.
- 709.77 ml onions, small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 88.74-118.32 ml fresh ginger
- 59.14-118.29 ml pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 946.36 ml chicken broth
- 709.77 ml tomato sauce
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 59.14 ml shredded coconut
- 44.37 ml peanut butter
- 907.18 g deveined shrimp
- 453.59 g deboned white fish fillet
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and jalepenos till onions translucent.
- Add tomato stuff, broth, coconut and peanut butter.
- Simmer for 20-30 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook 4 minute.
- Cut white fish into bitesize pieces, Add and cook 4 minutes.
- dish up and garnish with cilantro.
My husband doesn't like the peanut butter ingredient, but I LOVE it. Since this is a recipe for many, I quartered it. I hope my kids like it because it would become part of the 'Favorites' cook book.