Prep 20 mins
Cook 38 mins
Spicy seafood stew with a nice depth. Calls for a lot of shrimp but worth it on special occasions. Got this from my friend Dayl, who may have gotten it from Cooking Light, quite a few years ago.
- 3 cups onions, small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 -8 tablespoons fresh ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 lbs deveined shrimp
- 1 lb deboned white fish fillet
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and jalepenos till onions translucent.
- Add tomato stuff, broth, coconut and peanut butter.
- Simmer for 20-30 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook 4 minute.
- Cut white fish into bitesize pieces, Add and cook 4 minutes.
- dish up and garnish with cilantro.
My husband doesn't like the peanut butter ingredient, but I LOVE it. Since this is a recipe for many, I quartered it. I hope my kids like it because it would become part of the 'Favorites' cook book.