Recipe by Sassy in da South
A wonderfully delicious banana cake from Brazil. Nuts may be added into the batter or onto the cake if desired.
Top Review by musicgeek422
I didn't make it exactly like the recipe because once i got towards the bottom I realized that the banana wasn't actually put into the cake so I improvised. Make sure you read all directions before making the cake. (I'm sure the cake would've tasted great otherwise)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 3 egg whites
- 6 bananas
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together margarine and sugar until smooth.
- Mix in yolks.
- Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites until doubled in volume.
- Fold beaten whites into the dough.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Slice bananas over the top of the dough.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over bananas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.