Recipe by redwine
A tasty blend of canned fruits, great to serve with cookies that are not overly sweet, or pound cake. A simple recipe to use during the holidays when you desire a desert that is not too rich.You can use other fruits if desired. This is also tasty served warm on vanilla ice cream.
- 1 (15 ounce) can bing cherries
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peach slices
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 -3 pieces cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain all canned fruit syrup into measuring cup.
- Pour 1/2 of syrup in small sauce pan.
- Add brown sugar, extracts and spices.
- Simmer until reduced by half. Stir in brandy. Place canned fruits in clean quart jar and pour brandy syrup mixture over fruit. Cool and store in refrigerator.