Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from The Fresh Vegetable Cookbook from Nitty Gritty Productions. This is one of the first cookbooks I’ve owned, a gift from a dear friend who desperately wanted to see me cook my way to health and happiness. These carrots are so good that my DH even asks for them – and he normally despises carrots!
Top Review by Tisme
Delicious carrots mersaydees. I followed exactly as written, I think I may have just overcooked them a touch, but they were still wonderful. I didn't really taste the brandy in them but the flavours were great. Nutty, buttery with a slight natural sweetness! Yummy! And just so easy to make whilst the rest of the dinner is cooking. Will make this again as the family loved them. Thansk mersaydees.
- 1 lb carrot
- 3 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel carrots and cut in thin, diagonal slices.
- Add water, 3 tablespoons butter, salt and brandy to medium saucepan. Add carrots. Cover and cook on low until liquid is absorbed and carrots are just tender.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and heat thoroughly.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.