Recipe by precious
I love this recipe because it has spice. It is not overly sweet, it isn't bland either. The fat content isn't too high. I got the recipe from an old box of Kellogg's Bran Buds.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (Note if you don't have pumpkin pie spice you can use 1 tsp cinnamon 1/2 tsp ginger 1/4 tsp nutmeg 1/)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups bran buds (Kellogg's All Bran cereal preferred)
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400F and lightly spray muffin pans with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- Stir together flour, baking powder & soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together cereal and boiling water; let stand 2 minutes OR until water is absorbed.
- Mis sugar into softened cereal until well combined.
- Stir in milk and oil.
- Add egg and raisins; beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Portion batter evenly into lightly greased muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until top of muffins are light golden and spring back when lightly touched.